Sunday, September 5, 2010

6 months!? You've got to be kidding!

Nope, he is indeed 6 months old. It feels like yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. Man how things change. Here are all of the things Noah is doing now.

Sitting up completely unsupported. Catching himself when he starts to fall sideways while sitting. Rolling from front to back and back to front. Eating solids three times a day and LOVING them. Laughing out loud. Smiling constantly, even at strangers. Singing along with music. Singing to himself without music. Squealing. Licking his lips. Spitting (this comes in the form of attempting to blow bubbles but there is too much drool so he sprays spit everywhere). Passing toys back and forth between his hands and marveling at this skill. Laughing hysterically at the dogs when they bark or play. Smiling specifically for the camera (I think this is just because he likes that it's shiny so he smiles when I pull it out...Oh well). Watching cartoons. Flirting with himself in the mirror. Making mommy and daddy EXTREMELY happy!

Our little man is such a joy and we love watching him grow. He's learning something new everyday it seems. When he watches us doing something that he wants to do, you can see him concentrating so hard on it. He can't wait to figure it out and practice a new skill. He's VERY smart and VERY social. I can no longer put him down and come back to find him in the same spot. He moves himself across the room by scooting rolling and sometimes even pulling himself forward by grabbing onto other stable objects.

We still occasionally struggle with naps and bed time. He would rather be awake and learning than sleeping but we make it work. He still wakes up during the night, more for comfort than needing to eat. Most days I don't mind. I stay up long after he's gone back to sleep rocking him and staring at my beautiful boy.

I have already started thinking about his birthday party because I know this time is flying by and I don't want it to sneak up on me the way the 6 month mark did. I am by no means trying to rush this, I just don't want to be unprepared. We're planning for the 26th of February for those interested in attending.

Noah is such a blessing in our lives and we have no idea what we did before this angel came to us. We're glad to have all of you amazing people to share him with as well. We love you all.

~The Sams

1 comment:

Abra said...

Let me know if you need / want any help with his birthday. You know how much I love helping with parties. ;)

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I have been married since 2008, we have two beautiful boys, Noah (born 2010) and Teagan (born 2012). I babysit from home and love getting to stay with my babies. I'm a crafty mama who loves to read and take pictures.