Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mystifying Day

I woke up this morning to snow. Not too uncommon in the middle of winter but I was a little disappointed. By noon, the day had gotten above freezing so the snow was almost gone. Now, it's two-thirty in the afternoon and it's snowing again. What a mystifying day. I know, not what you all tune in for but that's what I think about in times like this. I'm bored, I have finished yet another good book, cleaned my house, watched my DVR shows that I missed during the week and still have a few hours of daylight left. I refuse to go outside in cold weather like this. I much prefer the heat and I'm looking forward to summer so much. So I'll sit here at my computer, waiting for Ryan to call or text trying to find something interesting to do online.

I do have a report on the work situations you were all kind enough to comment on. The five year old was suspended from daycare for three days so I won't have him Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of this coming week. Good news for now but doesn't help the situation in the long run. The boys mother has been offered numerous resources from the school district but refuses to accept them. It's really sad when you come across children like this because it becomes undeniably obvious it's not the child's fault. There should be a test you have to pass to bring children into this world. Oh, that I could make the rules...

The Vietnamese boy, Ta Blut, has made progress! One of the other teachers was working with him on Thursday and trying to get him to say the letters of his name. After about six or seven times of her saying the letters with no results, he began to repeat what she was saying. He made it all the way through his name with no problems! He said the letters very plainly and clearly. We were all very excited. It's so nice to see the positive result of all your efforts. Well, that's it for today. Hopefully tomorrow holds more excitement for the Sams family.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I have been married since 2008, we have two beautiful boys, Noah (born 2010) and Teagan (born 2012). I babysit from home and love getting to stay with my babies. I'm a crafty mama who loves to read and take pictures.