Wednesday, February 10, 2010

37 Weeks today!

Only three more weeks left until Noah's estimated date of arrival! I am SO excited. I'm also finding it very hard to wait for labor to just happen on it's own. How will I know when it's the real deal? Will my water break or will I just have contractions for hours until they become regular? Will it be the middle of the night, the afternoon or maybe first thing in the morning? Will he be early or late? Or right on time? These are only some of the questions that plague me right now, as I'm sure any expectant mother will tell you. I hate the not knowing of it all. I'm trying to convince myself that he won't come until after his due date so then if that's the case, I'm not highly disappointed when March 3rd comes and goes with no signs of baby. It's not easy to convince myself of this however and I'm constantly talking to Noah telling him now would be a good time for me.

It's a relief now that we're in the safe zone and so it's even harder to not want him to come early since I know he'd probably be perfectly healthy if he were born now. We went this morning to the state patrol office to have the car seat installation inspection. We passed with flying colors! The gal said in four years of doing that she had only ever had two people before me install the car seat perfectly on their own the first time. I was very proud of myself. So now it's just killing time with doctor appointments and water aerobics. At least I'm now on the weekly cycle for visits to the Dr so I get an update every week until he comes.

Speaking of updates, I went yesterday to my appointment and we also got an ultra sound. We got to see a picture of him in 3d but they didn't print it out. She showed us his face but only his eye and cheek were visible, he had both hands up in front of his face in fists so it blocked the rest. Noah is head down, weighing in at an estimated 6 pounds 15 ounces. I am 1-2 cm dilated and 50% plus effaced. So we're getting closer!! At this point there is no talk of inducing me early or otherwise, I think they just want to see what happens as it gets closer to D Day.

My mom is coming up this Sunday to spend some time with us and stay until Noah comes and I'm looking forward to getting to see her again so soon. I'm glad she'll be able to be here for the birth. If he comes before then, she'll drive over when we know he's coming and we'll just hope she makes it in time.

I'm still working and plan to up until I go into labor. I'm only going to be able to take six weeks off when he's born and I don't want to waste them sitting at home with nothing to do and no baby. So that's the plan for now. If I make it to the next appointment I'll probably post another update but we'll see. You might just be hearing from me after he's born!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I have been married since 2008, we have two beautiful boys, Noah (born 2010) and Teagan (born 2012). I babysit from home and love getting to stay with my babies. I'm a crafty mama who loves to read and take pictures.