Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The final week!

So tomorrow I will be 39 weeks pregnant and I will turn 24. I have somewhat forgotten about my own birthday in all the excitement about when Noah will come. I don't know if that's good or bad but I'm betting it's pretty typical for a parent to do. At this point I don't know if it would be easier to just wait the 8 days until my scheduled induction or keep trying and hoping to get him here earlier. I mean it's already been 39 weeks, what's one more you know? It would definitely be more convenient to just wait until I go in to the hospital. No second guessing myself about contractions, no wondering if my water broke or I just peed my pants. I just go in and they hook me up to some drugs and 6-36 hours later, Noah is born. All my family would have plenty of warning and ample time to get here. I would be able to know for certain what my last day at work will be. It would all just be easier. However it's still eight days away and until then, nothing is certain. I will still be constantly second guessing myself about contractions, wondering if my water will break while I am in the middle of something, I will not know if my mom will have time to drive over from Idaho before he's born should I go into labor on my own.

Good grief, it's almost enough for me to say: "No more! I won't have any more kids if this is what it's like every time." People keep telling me however that I only get to that point because I have never experienced what comes next. The love of a child and the amazing joy they bring into your life. It must be worth it or everyone would be an only child right?

So I am no closer to deciding what I would rather have happen. Not that it really matters what I want anyway so what's the point...?

1 comment:

Hiram, Tashina, Nora, and Hiram Dean said...

I can't believe he's almost here! Hang in there. Before you know it you won't be able to remember life without him.

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I have been married since 2008, we have two beautiful boys, Noah (born 2010) and Teagan (born 2012). I babysit from home and love getting to stay with my babies. I'm a crafty mama who loves to read and take pictures.